Market research forecasts more than 50% of data traffic growth per year, resulting in data consumption multiplied by 10 in the next 5 years! While data bundles are becoming the main source of revenue for the mobile operators, the billing of data services is getting more and more complex. The main challenges for telecom operators are as follows:
- Put mobile data services revenues under control by checking the billing of data bundles.
- Increase retail revenues by identifying under-billing.
- Limit legal risk from subscribers’ complaints about over-billing.
Monitoring data bundles to detect metering and billing errors impacting the fastest growing usage in mature markets:
- Generate and analyse a sample of real data mobile transactions (e-mail, web browsing, MMS, SMS, FTP) both on home network and while roaming abroad.
- Match in a systematic way (a) the sample traffic generated by Araxxe robots with (b) the billing data feeds including traffic details (e.g. online customer invoices, prepaid account information)
- Check metering accuracy, unbilled transactions, over-charged / under-charged transactions, bundle rating, option rating, on-peak / off-peak rating, prepaid account debit, prepaid bonus management, actual functioning of fair use policy, rounding rules.
- Prioritize and report actionable findings supported by detailed technical traces and estimate business impacts.