In the telecommunications industry, technical innovation increases as well as marketing rate plans and promotions being launched and changed on a regular basis. That is making the billing chain complexity increasing weekly. The main challenges for telecom operators are as follows:
- Put mobile services revenues under control for all types of subscribers:
> Personal, business, corporate, large account, machine-to-machine
> Postpaid and prepaid
- Increase retail revenues by identifying under-billing.
- Limit legal risk from subscribers’ complaints about over-billing.
Monitoring the charging and billing of mobile services to detect errors before they turn into revenue losses or subscribers complaints:
- Generate and analyse a sample of real mobile transactions (Voice, SMS, MMS and Data) both on home network and while roaming abroad.
- Match in a systematic way (a) the sample traffic generated by Araxxe robots with (b) the billing data feeds including traffic details (e.g. online customer invoices, prepaid account information)
- Check metering accuracy, unbilled transactions, over-charged / under-charged transactions, bundle rating, option rating, on-peak / off-peak rating, prepaid account debit, prepaid bonus management, pricing against 2,000+ international destinations.
- Prioritize and report actionable findings supported by detailed technical traces and estimate business impacts.