Traditional messaging services from operators have a long time been viewed as under threat from OTT offerings However, in terms of revenues, SMS still continues to dominate the market, with MNOs benefiting from growth in the A2P (application to person) sector.
As a result, this is a business fraudsters did not wait too long to exploit: SMS fraud is now affecting operators in all regions around the globe. They have to address the loss of revenue arising from the presence of ‘grey’ route messaging in the global application-to-person (A2P) SMS marketplace.
Monitoring your incoming traffic to detect SMS fraud cases issues leading to SMS termination revenue losses:
- detection SMS generation from a unique portfolio of 300+ international carrier routes (including mobile operators, retail SMS resellers, Over-The-Top service providers, Application-2-Person services, wholesale SMS providers)
- Monitoring of how SMS are received and billed in the network of the operator
- Identification of any fraudulent routing or wrong billing: SIM Box SMS, SMSC faking, SMSC spoofing, fraudulent Circumventions
- Help you defining if your interworking contracts are profitable:
- questioning around AA19 agreements
- is there any abuse of non-contracted routes
- do your SMS hubs and aggregators route all incoming traffic, is it properly billed?
- Analysis and presentation of actionable findings with formal proofs of fraud and detailed technical trace.